Marina Rules & Regulations
INDEPENDENT BOAT YARD & MARINA (Marina) has established the following rules and regulations for the operation of its marina. Compliance with these rules and regulations is a condition of use for all vessels, their owners, captains and crews, as well as all guests or customers at the marina.
1. The rules of the Road and Navigation Laws of the United States and the Virgin Islands shall control all vessels at or approaching the marina.
2. Once at the slip or dock at the marina, a vessel shall immediately come under the jurisdiction of the Dock-master of the Marina. Only vessels in good condition, and under their own power, shall be admitted to the slip and berthing area of the marina. Each slip occupant is responsible for water consumed from the assigned tap.
3. The parties agree that Boatyard does not accept the vessel for storage, is not a Bailey, and will not be responsible for any damage or loss to the vessel or its tackle or to any person visiting the vessel, unless caused by an affirmative act of negligence of Boatyard. However, during the absence of Owner, if Boatyard finds the vessel insecure or in danger as determined by the sole discretion of the Boatyard, the Boatyard is authorized, but not required, to take temporary action to protect the vessel and all necessary and reasonable costs therefore shall be charged against the vessel.
4. No pets are permitted without prior permission, and only if they do not disturb others. Boat owners, captains or their guests are strictly liable for any damage caused by any pets. Owners must clean up pet's droppings and properly place it in our dumpster located next to A dock. All animals shalica be leashed or otherwise secured at all times. X______________________(Owner/Agent Initials)
5. Refuse shall not be thrown or allowed to fall overboard and all garbage is to be deposited in the appropriate containers. No oil, spirits, inflammable liquids or oily bilges shall be discharged into the marina waters and Owners are to comply in full with Federal Water Pollution Acts (33 USC Section 1321 and Section 1322). All laws, rules, and regulations with regard to marine sanitary devices shall be strictly complied with.
6. Noise shall be kept to a minimum at all times and all owners and captains are requested to use discretion in operating engines, generators, radios, television, power tools and the like so as to minimize disturbance of others using the marina as well as marina neighbors.
7. Swimming, diving, and fishing are not permitted from the marina or from vessels at the marina.
8. No vehicles, including bicycles, shall be parked on or ridden on the docks. Parking of vehicles on Marina property may be permitted at the discretion of the Dock-master-master on a space available basis. X________________________(Owner/Agent Initials)
9. Boat owners and captains shall not store or allow to be stored any supplies, materials, accessories or debris on any Marina property, including the docks or piers. Failure to comply with this provision shall cause the removal of any such property by the Dock-master. No painting, sanding, scraping or repairing of any vessel or equipment belonging to any vessel shall be permitted on the Marina property without the specific advance consent of the Dock-master. The extent of any repair or maintenancestors to be undertaken at the Marina shall be solely at the discretion of the Dock-master and any such repair or maintenance permitted shall be wholly at the risk of the owner/vessel undertaking such repairs. X_______________________________(Owner/Agent Initials)
10. Laundry shall not be hung on boats, docks, or piers at the marina. X___________________________(Owner/Agent Initials)
11. No signs shall be displayed aboard any vessel at the marina without the prior written consent of the Dock-master. The use of charcoal broiler, cookers or any other open-fueled appliance is strictly forbidden aboard any vessel at the marina or on any property belonging to the Marina.
12. Owner matey not, and shall not have any right , to assign or transfer in whole or in part any rights under the Agreement. However, Boatyard shall have the right to use the slip for transient docking whenever the vessel is to be removed overnight or longer.
13. The dockage day starts at 8:00 a.m. Checkout time is 8:00 a.m. the following day. Any vessel occupying a slip after 8:00 a.m. will be charged dockage for that night. Late departures can be arranged upon request, with the Dock-master.
14. Violations of the rules and regulations of the Boatyard, failure to comply with the reasonable and proper requests of the management, in decor ousted conduct by the owner or captain of any vessel, or their guests, that might cause injury to another, cause damage to property or adversely impact upon the reputation of the Board yard shall be cause for the immediate removal from the marina of the vessel and/or individual (s) in question.
INDEPENDENT BOAT YARD SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSES OR DAMAGE TO BOATS IN OR AT THE MARINA OR FOR THEIR EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PERSONAL PROPERTY. BOAT OWNERS AND CAPTAINS SHAL BE HELD RSPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO THE DOCK STRUCTURES AND PILINGS OR OTHER PROPERTY BELONGING TO THE BOAT YARD CAUSED BY THEIR ACTIONS OR INACTION OR BY THEIR VESSELS. IN TYHE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY (SUCH AS A STORM OR HURRICANE), THE BOAT YARD RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MOVE ANY VESSEL TO ANOTHER MOORING PLACE AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS FROM ANY LIABILITY FOR DIOND SO BY THE OWNER/CAPTAIN.
Click To Return To Home Page