Last Updated: 5/25/2018
- Purposes of Processing
What is personal data?
We collect information about you in a range of forms, including personal data. As used in this Policy, “personal data” is as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation, this includes any information which, either alone or in combination with other information we process about you, identifies you as an individual, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
Why do we need your personal data?
We will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We do not need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to the Site. You can not setup an account, or register with us, so you will not be asked to tick a box to agree to provide this information in order to access our services, purchase our products, or view our content. However, by using this site, you do agree and consent, which provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data. You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our Site.
- Collecting Your Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. This includes:
- the personal and business data you provide when you make a purchase in our office, or via telephone; and
- the personal data you provide (if necessary) when you correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Information from Social Networking Sites. Our Site does not include interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking sites.
Automated Decision Making and Profiling.
We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
What are cookies?
We may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site.
We use one categories of cookies: first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which are used only by our computer to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Site; and to perform limited essential functions, such as helping the page you requested and associated images load quickly.
Cookies we use
Our Site uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below
Type of cookie
We use these cookies on a limited basis
We do not use these cookies.
These cookies allow a Site to remember choices you make when you use the Site, [such as remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details and remembering the changes you make to other parts of our Site which you can customize]. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Site.
NOTE: Our site does not have the above-mentioned features, so there’s no need for the use of these types cookies.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
We do not use Google Analytics.
These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Site and how users use our Site. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. [It includes the number of visitors to our Site, the websites that referred them to our Site, the pages they visited on our Site, what time of day they visited our Site, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar information.] [We use this information to help operate our Site more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Site.]
[We do not use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies]
[You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.]
[You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via this link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB]
We do not use Google Analytics.
Targeted and advertising cookies
We do not use Targeted & advertising cookies
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show adverts which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see adverts but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored adverts from companies that are not listed.
Social Media Cookies
We do not use Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
You can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings.
If you do not accept our cookies, you will not experience any inconvenience in your use of our Site.
We do not use other companies to serve third-party advertisements when you visit and use the Site.
- Using Your Personal Data
We may use your personal data as follows:
- to operate, maintain, and improve our Site, products, and services;
- to manage your account, including to communicate with you regarding your account, if you have an account with us;
- to operate and administer our rewards program and other promotions you participate in on our Site (if applicable);
- to respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- to send information including technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- with your consent, to send you marketing e-mails about upcoming promotions, and other news, including information about products and services offered by us and our affiliates. You may opt-out of receiving such information at any time: such marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out.” Please note, even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your account with us (if you have one) and our business dealings with you
- as we believe necessary or appropriate (a) to comply with applicable laws; (b) to comply with lawful requests and legal process, including to respond to requests from public and government authorities; (c) to enforce our Policy; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others;
- for analysis and study services; and
- as described in the “Sharing of your Personal Data” section below.
- Sharing Your Personal Data
We may share your personal data as follows:
- Third Parties Designated by You. We may share your personal data with third parties where you have provided your consent to do so.
- Our Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your personal data with our third-party service providers who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing and other similar services. In such cases said service providers would be subject to our policy, and in some cases may require a "Non Disclosure Agreement" (NDA).
- Third Party Sites
Our Site do not contain any links to third party websites and features.
User Generated Content
You are not able to share personal data with us by submitting user generated content to our Site via our rewards program, forums, message boards and blogs on our Site. We have no message boards, or blogs on our site and there is no way to submit user generated content to our website
If you provide feedback to us, we may use and disclose such feedback on our Site, provided we do not associate such feedback with your personal data. If you have provided your consent to do so, we may post your first and last name along with your feedback on our Site. We will collect any information contained in such feedback and will treat the personal data in it in accordance with this Policy
International Data Transfer
Your information, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us outside the country in which you reside, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By accepting this Policy, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data within our organization. Unfortunately, no transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be completely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as you remain our customer unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example for regulatory purposes).
- Our Policy on Children
Our Site is/are not directed to children under 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us. We will delete such information from our files as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Your Rights
- Opt-out. You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA. Please note that your use of some of the Site may be ineffective upon opt-out.
- You may access the information we hold about you at any time by contacting us directly, or click here.
- You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data.
- Your personal data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
- Erase and forget. In certain situations, for example when the information we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we erase your data.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. In your request, please make clear: (i) what personal data is concerned; and (ii) which of the above rights you would like to enforce. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and in any event, within one month of your request. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion.
We are committed to resolve any complaints about our collection or use of your personal data. If you would like to make a complaint regarding this Policy or our practices in relation to your personal data, please contact us at: complaints [at] independentboatyard.com]. We will reply to your complaint as soon as we can and in any event, within 30 days. We hope to resolve any complaint brought to our attention, however if you feel that your complaint has not been adequately resolved, you reserve the right to contact your local data protection supervisory authority
- Contact Information
We welcome your comments or questions about this Policy. You may contact us in writing at officeiby[ at ]gmail.com or 6249 Frydenhoj - 49 St.Thomas, VI 00802.